Friday, April 27, 2012

The Weekend of the Braves game :D

So I decided back when it actually HAPPENED that I wanted to do a blog post about the weekend we all went to the Braves Game together....and by we I mean me, my bestest friend Melissa, my OTHER bestest friend Stephanie (who didn't actually get to GO to the game, but potato potahto), and then the whole horde of Impacters that I was originally going to go with. THEN I got home, and got tired, and decided if I tried to write it would sound something along the lines of "and then...Chipper hit a home run...andwedecidednot....zzzzzzz." That's me falling asleep, in case you were wondering.


SO! After much ado, and the fact that I simply don't want to do homework right now....I'm reminiscing!


See, this entire weekend (which was the 12th, 13th, 14th & 15th of April I do believe...) started when Stephanie decided that she was going to come back to the States for HER Spring Break. She lives in Israel, see. Which makes it VERY hard to see her. But anyhoo. HER Spring Break coincided very UNnicely (new word) with MY Spring Break. Meaning that they happened at the same time. Meaning I would be in Texas partyin' it up with the Impact 360-ers at the same time she was arriving in Georgia. Problem. So I resolve myself to the fact that I won't be seeing my best friend until summer 2012 when she moves home (!!!!) and go on about my business.


UNTIL I get a phone call that says they're driving into Atlanta for a Braves Game the weekend after Spring Break, and would it be okay if they come to see me in lovely lil' Pine Mountain? YES! IT WOULD! So Thursday afternoon at AROUND 4:00, Lissa & Stephie pull into my parking lot with their car all decked out for the Atlanta Braves opening game. It would have been embarassing...except for the fact that it's US....and we've done far more embaressing things together....(I can't spell the word embarassing in case you haven't noticed...)...but I'm sure there were probably people at Impact and then along the roads that were embarassed for us. But anyways :) We went out to Columbus and had frozen yogurt for dinner, and then headed home to say goodbye and head out.


WELL. Apparently we decided that just seeing each other for ONE day simply wouldn't work. And since they were staying in Atlanta, they had an extra bed in their hotel room. So they asked if I wanted to come spend the night Friday night? And I said "yes!" but was inwardly thinking "there's no WAY Daddy's gonna go for that." Well surprise surprise, I don't give my dad enough credit. Because HE said yes! And here the adventure begins.


See, since THEY were going to the Braves opening game that night, they wouldn't be back to the hotel room until ABOUT 11:00-11:30. That NIGHT. Which means that I didn't leave Pine Mountain until about 10:00-10:30 that SAME night. So here we have Bethany, on the road, at night, by herself, at night, going somewhere she's never gone, at night, relying on a GPS to get her there. AT NIGHT. Thankfully, I have an AWESOME best friend, who was in New York that same weekend, that called me on the phone and talked to me so I wouldn't fall asleep. Because as my past car driving skills have shown, that's something I tend to do. (Okay, I only  fell asleep ONCE. But I don't want a repeat....)


Well, I make it to Atlanta fine. Pull into the hotel parking lot, say goodbye, hang up the phone, which immediately rings again. It's Melissa. They're having car trouble. (hahahahahahaha. In hindsight this is really funny.) So I head out to go rescue! Knight (knight-ess really) in shining armor, all that jazz. Well I find them finally outside Turner Field, in this SUPER SKETCHY PARKING LOT, that they've pulled into because Nathan's exhaust pipe is literally about an inch away from the ground at this point. So they pile into my car and we head down to Emory University to pick up Melissa's car and head back to the hotel. At this point, I have 2 little notches left in my gas tank and my gas light has turned on. Problem. Here begins the "Dear lord, please don't let us break down in these super sketchy neighborhoods we're driving through because it's a shortcut" prayer.


We make it to Emory fine (it's a miracle, and God is good) and we get Lissa's car and head out. I'm literally running on the FUMES of what used to be gas inside my gas tank, so we pull in the first gas station we spot. Which, surprise surprise, looks like it could be scene numero uno in a horror film about 3 college girls who get attacked by Jack the Ripper, Atlanta version. And the best part of this entire scenario, is that we can hear these deep, manly, scary voices filtering in all over the place, but can see NOONE. It wasn't until we got back into the car and drove away that we realized there was an entire other 1/2 to this gas station ordeal. Like another half of the gas station. Filled with sketchy looking men. Thank you Jesus :)


We make it back to the hotel fine and are able to engage in a lovely night filled with much catching up on happenings, and much reminiscing about hilarious Israel stories in which we were....well...idiots. To put it lightly :D The next morning we get up and get ready to pull out of the hotel...you know. That whole ordeal where you have to be out by noon? Well we were on schedule and doing great...until Melissa goes to check her online account and realizes she's been charged $400 that she APPARENTLY spent at GameStop last night.....in some rinky-dink, podunk town in Florida :D Needless to say, that wasn't possible. Here begins the entire ordeal of tracking down SunTrust (which was HARD) or receiving 30,000 text messages from Daddy Gibbs (which was HILARIOUS...and I might slightly have exaggerated. it wasn't 30,000) and finally, FINALLY getting out of the hotel!


Well then we go to the mall, and I find a Commissioning dress. Victory! After that, it's time to get Stephie to the airport. Sad, sad day :( That actually isn't too much of an ordeal. It actually goes really smoothly! So we send her through the gate and off she flies! Sad. Very, very sad. Well, Melissa and I get back in the car and head back to Pine Mountain, because we've decided that she's coming home with me, and we're going to smuggle her into my room for the night. Genius! About 1/2 through Atlanta we get a call from the hotel. We've forgotten the camera. Like...the NICE camera. So we head to our hotel exit...


AN HOUR AND A HALF LATER WE ARE STILL SITTING AT THE HOTEL EXIT. Like literally....we've been able to see the exit for the past hour and 1/2. And we're NOT MOVING IN THAT DIRECTION. Worst traffic I have ever been in. Ever. So we sit there...and sit there...and then laugh at all the idiot drivers that decide to make a lane out of the shoulder of the road...and then get FRUSTRATED at all the drivers that decide to make a lane out of the road shoulder....and then just to make things interesting I get out and do a lil' dance on the road because I'm bored and we're not moving...then jump back into the car because I realize that I'm making an idiot out of myself in front of hundreds of people in downtown Atlanta at the busiest part of the day. Nice going, Bethany :D


Well. We finally make it home, then proceed to sit up into late hours of the night waiting for New Yorkers  and Man conference-ers to come home. They finally get there, but instead of going to bed, we ask ourselves "selves...what restaraunt is open at 3:00 in the morning?" Answer? Krystal's! So, we go there. And eat chili cheese fries. Omnomnom...regretregretregret. Home. Couple of hours of sleep. Up for the Braves Game!


We go to the Braves Game. I am in awe of Turner Field. It's beautiful.And outside, and the day is gorgeous, and we watch the Braves play BRILLIANTLY and Chipper hit a home run and other people hit home runs and wish Stephie was there. Then we drive home, and finish up the weekend with hall meeting, and girls split and roommate time and all was brilliance!


Funnest weekend I've had in a very long time. VERY long time. Absolutely fun :) So now, I need to go do homework. So I'm going to. But all this reminiscing makes me VERY excited for Summer 2012.


The things that stand between me & Summer 2012:


1. Chick-Fil-A Leadership Presentations (that homework I SHOULD be working on...)
2. Celebration Retreat! SO EXCITED.
3. Pool Party at the Whites....
4. Various GNO'S.


Oh goodness...I'm sure there's more but I'm forgetting :P Summer 2012...here we go! Friends, laughter, love and a whole heck of a lot else. Finishing strong. Eyes on the prize. LEGGO.

No comments:

Post a Comment