Monday, October 10, 2011

trust. amon. fiducia.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths." Proverbs 3:5-6.

So this has kind of been a theme lately. Actually not so much, but this verse just popped into my head and it pretty much describes what I NEED to be doing right now, even if it's not EXACTLY what's happening yet.

We were sitting in class the other day, and we were talking about....something. Anyhoo, we were talking about...trust? other people? Something to that degree.  And I said that one of the reasons that we feel so hurt when our plans (but relationships SPECIFICALLY) don't work out is because we feel cheated out of what we think we deserve. Then Ed said that basically what was at the heart of that was a dis-trust in God, because basically what it is that we're saying is "I don't trust you enough to bring me someone better."

Well that was a brick to the face.

It's kind of overwhelming to realize that the relationship you THOUGHT you had with God is actually not as deep or as trust-induced as you originally believed. I guess in a good way that's kind of a good thing though, because there's something ot be said for "being back at square 1" when it means that you have somewhere UP to go.

"Lord, I believe. Help my unbelief!" :) STILL LEARNING. STILL GROWING.

No comments:

Post a Comment