Friday, November 11, 2011

Courage:)

So, courage is doing the hard things even when your scared about the outcome. Courage is being truthful when it would be easier to bury your feelings. Courage is standing up and respecting yourself when it would be easier to be quiet and fade into the background. Courage is changing into a chocolate caramel cheesecake instead of a vanilla pudding girl ;). 


Courage obviously comes from God, because I'm scared. I'm scared that I'll be honest about this and it will go EXACTLY the way I think it will. I'm scared that it won't make a difference. I'm scared because I don't want to leave when he needs me. I'm scared because I think he'll just find another girl that will fill my role for him.


Courage is standing in the face of fear, standing for the image of God ingrained in me. For the patience that God has called us to in waiting for the man He has planned for us. In waiting for something worth waiting for. In weeding through the fails in order to find the victory. 


To quote (ish) David Blanchard, "In a sense, your putting yourself out there and saying, 'I don't want to just be your vanilla pudding girl.' It's torture and it's cruel to your heart. And when he finally does meet the woman he wants to marry...that's just not a good place to be. Some girls say 'oh, I can't get his love so I'll cozy into his friendship for as long as I can and that will have to be enough.' No. That's not a good idea. Because essentially that's you settling. And you have to have enough respect for yourself to say 'I really value your friendship, but I can't be in this position anymore, and if your feelings ever change and you want to pursue something, then you know how to get in touch with me." 

No comments:

Post a Comment