Friday, November 25, 2011

Oh Christmas Trees!!

Well, just like predicted Thanksgiving has come. And happened. And gone :D I'm pretty sure I ate my WEIGHT in cajun turkey (weird concept, but DELICIOUS) and red velvet cake. And looking back on it now, I think my family's thanksgiving food menu is a liiiiiitle bit untraditional. oh well! It's more exciting that way!
Now, while waving goodbye to Mamaw for the next 2 or 3 weeks and looking forward, it's hard to believe that it's already almost Christmas time. With that comes several very serious realizations....
1. 2012 is almost here. Weirdly enough I remember looking back last year and  thinking that it was almost 2011 and that was my graduating year :D It's weird how much time flies!! Also, it's really strange to think about just how many of the friends I thought were going to be "life long" have moved on.....and how many truly life long friends God has now blessed me with :)

2. With the coming of Christmas, also means that we are about 1/2 through the year at Impact 360. This is weird. Kind of scary. How is it possible that I've met, bonded with, and come to love and cherish these 32 people so quickly? It's hard to imagine "college" without waking up to all of them every day. At the same time,  I know God is going to do CRAZY things with our class....but that means He might have to spread us out to do it :) 

Anyhoo!! Now that it actually IS technically allowed to celebrate Christmas (even though apparently half my class missed the after Thanksgiving memo :P) I'm not gonna lie, I'm excited. So! Goodbye pilgrims, turkey, and leaf burning piles.....hello Christmas trees, lights, and cold winter mornings!!!! God is so good!!! 

Also. On to finding the perfect gifts for everyone. this should be awesomely interesting :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment