Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The small things

This week has given me a new appreciation for the concept of "constant-ness." I'm not entirely sure that's a word, but it fits my point really well so we're going to go with it.

So. This concept of constant-ness. It's not something I've ever really appreciated until I stopped to think about it, because I think it's one of those character traits that I've always taken for granted. Which is not the best thing in the world, because I think this concept ties into a whole lot of other ones that are also really REALLY important.

You can't depend on someone unless you know they're constant. That they're steady. That they'll be there for you. You can't trust someone unless you know that they are of constant character. That way you know that they're not going to turn around and be your friend one minute and give you the cold shoulder the next!

I'm not sure this blog post made the most sense of anything that I've ever posted. But it was just something that's been on my mind a lot recently. Because recently, the thought of what characteristics we look for in a husband has come up a lot. And I've realized that that's definitely something I'll be looking for :) Someone that's going to be a rock. Someone to depend on.

I think we're going in circles. So I'm just gonna stop for right now :P

No comments:

Post a Comment