Monday, June 3, 2013

day 3: question marks.

I think it's probably pretty safe to say that in the craziness that is my summer, 4:00 will probably be my right-around posting time :P

Alright! Another word today, this one from one of my very favorite people!

.questions.

Yep! The word is questions. Which is funny because anyone that knows me knows questions are my favorite things in the world. One of my best friends senior year and I had a running joke that I had the right to ask him one (ONLY one!) random question a day. It's just how I get to know people....I pretty much rapid fire as many questions as I can, and try to ask the questions that normal people don't :) 

However, as much as I like asking questions of other people, I hate having question marks on events in my own life. I don't like not knowing what to expect from the future...any kind of uncertainty or unknown is one of my least favorite things. It's been one of my hardest struggles with the Lord to date...the ability to let go and trust that God will provide answers to my questions in His time and not when I want them. I'm still not very good at it. 

If I HAD to pick one question that's consistently on the back of my mind more than others, it's probably when.....when will I find a job, when will I get to talk to that person, when will God finally clue me in on  His plan, when will I finally hear an answer to that prayer I've been praying forever....you get the idea ;) So questions for me are a struggle. I have a lot of 'why' and 'when' and 'what the heck is happening here'. But I can definitely say I have seen the biggest growth from my biggest struggle....and it's a weakness that God continually uses to draw me closer to Him! 

That's the favorite, if anyone's wondering. Her name is Hannah. 
She visits in 37 days.
We're excited. 

No comments:

Post a Comment